Below are some common support questions we're asked. For a more detailed explanation of the setup & configuration of your hosting account, see our Support Website & Knowledge Base
How do I access my Hosting package, Domains, or Billing Information
Your Irish Domains Control Panel gives you access to your billing information, your account details, and of course allows you to manage your domains and hosting subscriptions.
Your Control Panel can be most easily accessed by selecting the orange Control Panel Login
button under "Login" on the main menu above.
The Control Panel can also be accessed directly using the following URL https://cp.irishdomains.com
(you can bookmark this for easy access).
Login to the Control Panel using the username & password you set up when registering with Irish Domains or as subsequently provided.
What if I've forgotten my username or password?
Your account Username or Login name is displayed on correspondence you receive from Irish Domains.
The Control Panel login offers a "Forgot Password" option. Click on this link and enter your username to have an email sent to you with a link to where you can set a new password.
If you experience continued problems, contact Irish Domains by submitting a Support Ticket
to our Helpdesk.
Please note that for obvious security reasons, our staff cannot supply passwords over the phone.
How do I upgrade from the Free parking to a Hosting package
- Login to your Control Panel using your Irish Domains username and password.
- Click on "Account" on Main Menu
- Click on “Change Service Plan”
- Click on “Free Domain Parking”
- Click on “Switch Plan” and select the appropriate service plan from the list of available options
- Select the required subscription period and place the order
To view the hosting plans please visit our web hosting page
If you have any difficulties please contact our Sales Team on +353 1 8507000.
How to set up hosting for a domain (video)
How do I set up my email
Create the email account in your control panel
Login to your Control Panel
(See detailed instructions on email setup)
- Select "Mail" from the Top Menu (if this isn't visible, first select your hosting package from the subscription dropdown box at the top of the page
- Click on "Add new E-mail address"
- Complete the email setup fields as required
Setting up email on your computer or mobile device
Depending on the Email software you’re going to use, the location and exact terms required for setting up your email will vary from product to product or by device. However, the actual settings required will be the same. These are displayed on the main Email page within your Control Panel. (See Create Email Account above)
- POP3 Server - qmail.irishdomains.com
- SMTP Server - qmail.irishdomains.com (requires Authentication enabled)
- Username - your email address
- Account Password – as set by you when creating the email account (viewable within your email account settings in the control panel)
Full configuration details for setting up the common email programs & devices are available on our support site, see:- Email setup
Installing WordPress on your domain (video)
Where do I find my FTP details
You can find your FTP details within your Irish Domains Control panel.
- Log in to your control panel (https://cp.irishdomains.com)
- Select "websites" from the main menu - (if this is not displayed, first, select your hosting subscription from the dropdown box at the top of the page)
- Click on the website name
- Under the "Websites" section of the page, select "Manage Website"
- Click on "FTP Access"
The information you need to connect to the server via FTP will be displayed:-
>> FTP Server: ftp.dxxxxx.cp.irishdomains.com
(this is the FTP or "Remote" server name)
>> IP Address: 79.170.xxx.xx
( Not usually required but can be used as an alternative to the FTP server name above )
>> Document root: /webspace/httpdocs/
(this is the root location on your server. Your website should be uploaded to here or a sub directory within this location if the domain is pointing at a sub directory)
>> FTP Login name: xxxxxx
(this is your FTP login or username)
>> FTP Password: *******
(Your FTP password is encrypted so is not visible. If you do not know your FTP password, click on the "Edit" button, tick the "Change password" box and enter a new FTP password, re-enter to confirm, then click on "Submit" button - only use the "generate new password" button if you wish to generate a new random FTP password. Take careful note of the new password before clicking on "Submit" )
How do I change Name Servers on a domain
For .ie domains, the domain MUST be configured on the new name servers before making the changes above.
You can change the Nameservers on any of your registered domains through your Control Panel.
- Login to your Control Panel
- Select "All Domains" from the subscription dropdown box at the tp of the page
- Select "Registered Domains" from main menu
- Click on the domain name you wish to change
- Under the "Nameserver" section, click on "Manage Nameserver" button
- Update name server information as required & Click "Update DNS info to Registrar" button to complete**
**Error changing nameservers for a .ie domain, please refer: Error when changing .ie nameservers
When using external name servers, you must disable DNS on our systems for the domain to prevent old zone information being visible locally. To do this:-
(If you are switching nameservers TO Irish Domains' name servers, click button 'Change DNS Hosting to Internal'.)
- Click "Hosted Domains" from top menu
- Click on the Domain name
- Click on DNS tab Click button
- Click on 'Change DNS Hosting to External' button**
Caution: Please note that once you change the DNS to third party nameservers, the domain is disconnected from our email, hosting and DNS systems. If the domain is not configured correctly on the new nameservers this may prevent your email from working or make your website disappear.
How do I Change Nameservers on a domain (video)
What are Irish Domains' nameservers
Our nameservers are:-
Redirecting a domain to an external IP address or CNAME record
To point your domain at an external IP address or cname record:-
** If there is no web tab, then there are no local web services running, simply add the new records
- Login to your Control Panel (https://cp.irishdomains.com)
- Select "All Domains" from the subscription dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Select "Hosted Domains" from main menu
- Select the domain to be changed by clicking on the domain name.
- Select the “Web ”** tab and click on "Remove Hosting" button, and confirm.
- Select the “DNS” tab and “DNS Records” link beneath.
- Click on “Add New DNS Record” button , and select the required DNS record type from the drop down box.
- Select "Next" and add the new record details as required.
- Select “Finish” to complete.
DNS changes may take up to 3 hours to fully propagate.
Redirecting a domain to an external IP address (video)