Your Control Panel can be most easily accessed by selecting the orange Control Panel Login button under "Login" on the main menu above.
The Control Panel can also be accessed directly using the following URL https://cp.irishdomains.com (you can bookmark this for easy access).
Login to the Control Panel using the username & password you set up when registering with Irish Domains or as subsequently provided.
UsernameYour account Username or Login name is displayed on correspondence you receive from Irish Domains.
PasswordThe Control Panel login offers a "Forgot Password" option. Click on this link and enter your username to have an email sent to you with a link to where you can set a new password.
If you experience continued problems, contact Irish Domains by submitting a Support Ticket to our Helpdesk.
- Login to your Control Panel using your Irish Domains username and password.
- Click on "Account" on Main Menu
- Click on “Change Service Plan”
- Click on “Free Domain Parking”
- Click on “Switch Plan” and select the appropriate service plan from the list of available options
- Select the required subscription period and place the order
To view the hosting plans please visit our web hosting page.
If you have any difficulties please contact our Sales Team on +353 1 68503888.
Create the email account in your control panelLogin to your Control Panel
- Select "Mail" from the Top Menu (if this isn't visible, first select your hosting package from the subscription dropdown box at the top of the page
- Click on "Add new E-mail address"
- Complete the email setup fields as required
(See detailed instructions on email setup)
Setting up email on your computer or mobile deviceDepending on the Email software you’re going to use, the location and exact terms required for setting up your email will vary from product to product or by device. However, the actual settings required will be the same. These are displayed on the main Email page within your Control Panel. (See Create Email Account above)
- POP3 Server - qmail.irishdomains.com
- SMTP Server - qmail.irishdomains.com (requires Authentication enabled)
- Username - your email address
- Account Password – as set by you when creating the email account (viewable within your email account settings in the control panel)
Note: Full configuration details for setting up the common email programs & devices are available on our support site, see:- Email setup.
You can find your FTP details within your Irish Domains Control panel.
- Log in to your control panel (https://cp.irishdomains.com)
- Select "websites" from the main menu - (if this is not displayed, first, select your hosting subscription from the dropdown box at the top of the page)
- Click on the website name
- Under the "Websites" section of the page, select "Manage Website"
- Click on "FTP Access"
The information you need to connect to the server via FTP will be displayed:-
>> FTP Server: ftp.dxxxxx.cp.irishdomains.com
(this is the FTP or "Remote" server name)
>> IP Address: 79.170.xxx.xx
( Not usually required but can be used as an alternative to the FTP server name above )
>> Document root: /webspace/httpdocs/
(this is the root location on your server. Your website should be uploaded to here or a sub directory within this location if the domain is pointing at a sub directory)
>> FTP Login name: xxxxxx
(this is your FTP login or username)
>> FTP Password: *******
(Your FTP password is encrypted so is not visible. If you do not know your FTP password, click on the "Edit" button, tick the "Change password" box and enter a new FTP password, re-enter to confirm, then click on "Submit" button - only use the "generate new password" button if you wish to generate a new random FTP password. Take careful note of the new password before clicking on "Submit" )
You can change the Nameservers on any of your registered domains through your Control Panel.
- Login to your Control Panel
- Select "All Domains" from the subscription dropdown box at the tp of the page
- Select "Registered Domains" from main menu
- Click on the domain name you wish to change
- Under the "Nameserver" section, click on "Manage Nameserver" button
- Update name server information as required & Click "Update DNS info to Registrar" button to complete**
**Error changing nameservers for a .ie domain, please refer: Error when changing .ie nameservers
When using external name servers, you must disable DNS on our systems for the domain to prevent old zone information being visible locally. To do this:-
- Click "Hosted Domains" from top menu
- Click on the Domain name
- Click on DNS tab Click button
- Click on 'Change DNS Hosting to External' button**
(If you are switching nameservers TO Irish Domains' name servers, click button 'Change DNS Hosting to Internal'.)
Our nameservers are:-
To point your domain at an external IP address or cname record:-
- Login to your Control Panel (https://cp.irishdomains.com)
- Select "All Domains" from the subscription dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Select "Hosted Domains" from main menu
- Select the domain to be changed by clicking on the domain name.
- Select the “Web ”** tab and click on "Remove Hosting" button, and confirm.
- Select the “DNS” tab and “DNS Records” link beneath.
- Click on “Add New DNS Record” button , and select the required DNS record type from the drop down box.
- Select "Next" and add the new record details as required.
- Select “Finish” to complete.
** If there is no web tab, then there are no local web services running, simply add the new records